The Member Rights and Responsibilities listed below set the framework for cooperation among covered persons, practitioners, and Aspirus Health Plan.
- To be treated with respect and recognition of their dignity and right to privacy.
- To a candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for their condition(s), regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- To participate with practitioners in making decisions about their health care.
- To receive information about us, our services, our network of health care practitioners and providers, and their rights and responsibilities.
- To voice complaints or appeals about us or the care we provide.
- To make recommendations regarding the members’ rights and responsibilities policies.
- To supply information (to the extent possible) that we and our practitioners and providers need in order to provide care.
- To understand their health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals to the degree possible.
- To follow the treatment plan and instructions for care that have been agreed on with their practitioners.